Schlage B660P - Grade 1 Deadbolt - Cylinder x thumbturn (Schlage B600 Series)
The B600/700/800-Series are Schlage’s highest grade deadbolt locks. Choose the 600 for Grade 1 security in high-traffic commercial applications. Choose the 700 or 800 and get standard a Primus XP controlled access cylinder (700) or Primus® XP high security cylinder with UL 437 rating (800). A variety of functions and finishes makes the B600/700/800-Series a versatile choice for added security no matter where you use it.
- Single cylinder deadbolt
- Deadbolt thrown or retracted by key outside or thumbturn inside
SCHLAGE B660P - FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 1” (25 mm) throw, high-strength steel alloy deadbolt with hardened steel roller resists sawing and kick-in attacks
- Precision-built solid brass 6-pin cylinders with phosphor bronze springs and nickel silver pins ensure long life and smooth operation
- Tough nickel silver keys for smooth, long-lasting operation
- Exclusive concealed wood frame reinforcer protects wood jamb against kick-in attacks
- Large inside thumbturn makes it easy to throw and retract deadbolt
- Security shield protects bolt from ice-pick attack through the door
- Hardened steel ball-bearings protect mounting bolts from drill attack
Door Thickness: 13/4” to 2” (44mm to 51mm) standard. Available for 13/8” (35mm) and doors up to 21/2” (63mm), assembled to order. Door ranges may vary by function.
Backset: 23/4” (70mm) standard, 23/8” (60mm), 33/4” (95mm), 5” (127mm) optional.
Front: Brass, bronze or stainless steel. 11/8” x 21/4” (29mm x 57mm) square corner, beveled.
Dead Bolt: 1” (25 mm) throw with saw-resistant hardened steel insert.
Latch Bolt: Brass, 9/16” (14mm) throw, deadlocking on keyed and exterior functions.
Exposed Trim: Wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel.
Thumbturn: Pressure cast zinc, plated to match finish symbols.
Strike: 11/8” x 23/4” (32mm x 70mm) with steel reinforcer and two 3” screws standard.
ANSI: B600/700/800-Series meets or exceeds A156.5 Grade 1 strength and operational requirements.
UL / cUL: B600/700/800-Series locks are UL10B Listed auxiliary locks for A label single doors, 4 ’ x 8 ’.
ADA Compliant: Schlage Lock Company offers a wide selection of locks designed to meet the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Cylinder & Keys: 6-pin patented Everest C123 keyway standard with two nickel silver keys per lock. Items specified in C keyway will be furnished 5-pin.
Keying Options: Interchangeable core and Primus XP high security cylinders. Master keying, grand master keying and construction keying.
Warranty: Commercial: Three-year limited, Residential: Full lifetime mechanical.
- B660P Single Cylinder Deadbold
- B661P Cylinder Only x Blank Plate Deadbolt
- B662P Double Cylinder Deadbolt
- B663P Classroom Deadbolt
- B664P Cylinder Only Deadbolt
- B680 Door Bolt
- B760P Single Cylinder Deadbolt
- B761P Cylinder Only x Blank Plate Deadbolt
- B762P Double Cylinder Deadbolt
- B763P Classroom Deadbolt
- B764P Cylinder Only Deadbolt
- B860P Single Cylinder Deadbolt
- B861P Cylinder Only x Blank Plate Deadbolt
- B862 Double Cylinder Deadbolt
- B863P Classroom Deadbolt
- B864P Cylinder Only Deadbolt
B600-Series: Schlage’s toughest heavy duty Grade 1 commercial deadbolt. Furnished with conventional cylinder standard. Also available with full size interchangeable core cylinder or small format interchangeable core (SFIC) cylinder. Requires 21/4” (55mm) prep. UL10B listing standard for auxiliary lock on A Label fire doors.
B700-Series: Same lock as B600-Series but furnished with Primus XP Controlled Access cylinder for patented key control, geographical exclusivity and resistance to picking and impressioning. Also available with Primus XP full size interchangeable core cylinder.
B800-Series: Same lock as B700-Series but Primus XP high security cylinder is UL437 Listed to resist drilling and other forms of physical attack. Not available in interchangeable core.
Choose the right key system for your application.
Schlage Classic and Everest 29™ key systems are designed to give you the level of security you need for every application. With optional keyway exclusivity, multi-level key hierarchy and cylinders that fit into a wide variety of locks, Schlage key systems and cylinders give you total control of your key system and building security. The perfect mix of performance and flexibility.
Unlike many other brands of high security cylinders, Schlage can easily integrate its Primus XP and conventional cylinders into the same key system with no adverse effect on keying capacity. Primus XP keys will operate conventional cylinders, but conventional keys will not operate Primus XP cylinders. This means you can secure exterior doors and sensitive areas with Primus XP cylinders and use conventional cylinders on the remaining doors. This cuts the cost of the overall job, and security can be tailored to meet the exact needs of each door without sacrificing the convenience of having a single building master key.
The Classic keyway family
Schlage Classic keyways provide security with no restrictions on duplication. Our Classic keyways can be easily upgraded or mixed with Primus XP for enhanced protection.
Primus XP – high security.
- The Primus XP keyway provides various levels of geographic exclusivity and requires authorization for duplication, ensuring better key control.
- Patented protection until July 2024
- Cylinders have a second set of pins for added security and pick resistance
- UL 437 versions available for additional protection against drilling and physical attacks
- Operates Primus XP and Classic (open) cylinders
The Everest 29™ patented keyway family
Everest 29 patented keyways provide a higher level of protection against unauthorized key duplication. Their patented design prevents non-authorized sources from manufacturing and distributing Everest 29 key blanks. Our Everest 29 key systems are suited for both new and existing keysystems, and give you the flexibility to expand and upgrade your key system as your needs change.
What is Everest 29 Primus XP?
The highest level of keyway security, Everest 29 Primus XP keyways are distributed under careful protection guidelines to protect the exclusivity of the individual side bit milling patterns. Choose Everest 29 Primus XP when the highest level of security and protection against unauthorized duplication is needed.
- Geographic exclusivity on key blanks
- Multiple patents protect against unauthorized key manufacture through July 2029
- Pick- and rake-resistant design
- Can be mixed and matched with non-Primus XP cylinders
- All key sections and master keying available at all levels of security
- Keys can be combinated using commonly available pin kits and key cutting equipment
- Keys are quick to cut and cylinders are easy to pin
- Thicker keys for added strength
- Three-year product warranty and a limited life-time warranty against key breakage
- Operates Everest 29 Primus, Everest Primus, and Everest restricted cylinders
Choose the Right Cylinder for Each Application.: Schlage cylinders are ideal for a wide range of commercial applications, including airports, hospitals, schools and universities, government and military buildings, offices and research laboratories. Choose from Classic Primus XP® or Everest® Primus XP high-security cylinders, Everest patented open and restricted cylinders, or the industry-standard Classic cylinders to fulfill your security needs and the demands of your specific installation.
Conventional Cylinders: Schlage locks are provided with cylinders precision built to extremely close tolerances and the highest standards of accuracy. Using only solid brass plugs, extruded brass shells, phosphor bronze springs, and nickel silver keys and bottom pins, ensures long life and ease of operation.
Cylinder plug face available in 606 and 626 finishes only. Conventional cylinders are available in Classic keyways or in the patented Everest keyways. Specify keyway to differentiate between Everest and Classic.
Cylinders for B600/700/800-Series Deadlocks
Primus XP High Security Cylinders
Primus XP high security cylinders are available to add patented* key control and varying degrees of geographical exclusivity to most Schlage 6-pin key systems, whether using Everest 29 or Classic keyways. In addition to a conventional pin tumbler mechanism, Primus XP cylinders incorporate a patented* finger pin and sidebar design providing a “dual-locking” cylinder that is highly pick-proof. Resistance to drilling and other physical attack is optional by specifying 20-500 Series UL437 Listed cylinders. *Patented key protection applies to Everest 29 Primus XP and Classic Primus XP only.
Primus XP Lockout Cylinders
Available in rim and mortise cylinders only, lockout cylinders are designed for doors where it is frequently desirable to disable all keys from operating the lock temporarily. The special lockout key can be removed while the plug is turned to the 11 o’clock position, preventing all normal operating keys, including master keys, from fully entering the cylinder. Suggested applications for lockout cylinders include laboratories, dark rooms, clean rooms, and exterior doors to dormitories. Schlage will not master key lockout cylinders.
Interchangeable Core (IC) Cylinders (Full Size and Small Format)
For use where fast rekeying by non-technical personnel is desired, Schlage Primus XP and conventional interchangeable cores offer a great blend of security and convenience. The special control key for the system is all you need to remove the old core and install a new one. The core itself can be rekeyed with standard Schlage pin kits. Unlike some other brands, Schlage interchangeable cores can always be integrated into existing systems with no adverse effect on the key system. IC locks are especially well-suited to chain stores and restaurants where frequent employee turnover requires immediate rekeying by store management. Use IC cylinders to save time and energy when changing labor-intensive locks on exit devices and other door hardware.
Full Size Interchangeable Core (FSIC)
Schlage interchangeable core (IC) locksets allow immediate rekeying at the door simply by using the special control key to replace the core in seconds. Available in B500, B250, B600 and B700-Series, full size interchangeable cores can be integrated into any 5 or 6-pin Schlage key with no adverse affects on keying capacity.
Full Size Interchangeable Cores and Housings
- 23-030 Conventional core
- 20-740-XP Primus XP core
Small Format Interchangeable Core (SFIC)
Available in B500 and B600-Series, the small format IC option is designed for Schlage Everest B Family restricted keyway cores and is also completely compatible with Best®, Falcon, and other small format cores.
- 80-036 7-Pin uncombinated Everest B Family restricted keyways
- 80-037 7-Pin combinated Everest B Family restricted keyways
- 80-043 6-pin uncombinated Falcon / Best keyways
- 80-033 7-pin uncombinated Falcon / Best keyways
- M204-152 Disposable plastic construction core