The Schlage ND Cylindrical lock series are one of Schlage's bestselling locks. These extra-heavy duty, Grade 1 cylindrical locks are offered in both mechanical and wired electrified versions. Use the Schlage ND cylindrical locks in commercial applications such as retail, healthcare, government, office and educational buildings and places.
Some of the major highlights of the Schlage ND cylindrical locks are:
1. Performance exceeding ANSI/BHMA A156.2 grade 1 cylindrical lock requirements.
2. Available in a number of different functions - bound to meet all your requirements.
3. Aesthetically pleasing design, along with a number of lever styles and finishes to choose from.
4. Uses ANSI 161 door prep - ideal for both new and retrofit applications.
5. Levers comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which requires that “Operable parts shall be operable with one hand and shall not require tight grasping, pinching, or twisting of the wrist. The force required to activate operable parts shall be 5 pounds (22.2 N) maximum.”
6. The locks can be bought with an optional Tactile warning for the visually impaired - this is a special texture which is applied to the lever to alert the visually impaired to a potential hazard on the opposite side of the door (such as exit to street, a workshop or other hazardous area).
7. The Schlage ND heavy duty cylindrical locks are non handed and can be configured during installation.
8. The Schlage ND Classroom security functions come with an indicator rose that clearly identifies key rotation direction for rapid lockdown.
9. The Schlage ND cylindrical locks also come with optional Vandlgard trims designed to provide extra protection from vandalism in high abuse applications.
Schlage ND wired electrified locks
The Schlage ND wired electric locks build on the properties of the Schlage ND mechanical cylindrical locks. The Schlage ND electrified locks are typically incorporated into a wired access control system or used independently with a remote access switch (e.g. switch behind a receptionist desk). These locks are designed for use in both new constructions and in high traffic areas where these locks ensure smooth operations.
Some of the features of the Schlage ND wired electrified locks are:
1. Auto detecting 12/24 V input
2. Selectable Electrically Locked (EL) / Electrically Unlocked (EU) operation
3. The ND Wired Electric lock uses a motor instead of a solenoid - this leads to unparalled energy efficiency.
4. The locks are more economical - drawing a maximum current of 0.23 amps thereby saving energy.
5. The ND electrified locks are available with a Request to Exit option.
Looking for a particular ND lock function? Our Schlage ND cylindrical lock guide has been developed just for this purpose. Click here to view our Schlage ND Cylindrical Lock Functions Guide.