Schlage ND80PDEL - Heavy Duty Electrically Locked Lever Locks, Single Cylinder (Schlage ND Series)
- Keyed function
- Electrically locked (fail safe)
- Outside lever continuously locked electrically
- Unlocked by key outside or by switch or power failure
- Auxiliary latch deadlocks latchbolt when door is closed
- Inside lever always free for immediate exit
Handing: All ND-Series lever locksets are non-handed.
Door Thickness: 1 5/8” to 2 1/8” (41mm–54mm) standard including Vandlgard® functions. 1 3/4” - 2” for function ND85. See accessories for spacers required for 1 3/8” doors.
Backset: 2 3/4” (70 mm) standard. 2 3/8”, 3 3/4” and 5” (60 mm, 95 mm, 127 mm) optional.
Faceplate: Brass, bronze or stainless steel. 1 1/8” x 2 1/4” (29 mm x 57mm) square corner, beveled.
Lock Chassis: Zinc plated for corrosion resistance.
Latch Bolt: Steel, 1/2” (12mm) throw, deadlocking on keyed and exterior functions. 3/4” (19 mm) throw anti-friction latch available for pairs of fire doors.
Levers: Pressure cast zinc, plated to match finish symbols.
Roses: Brass, bronze or zinc.
Strike: ANSI curved lip strike 1 1/4” x 4 7/8” x 1 3/16” lip to center standard. Optional strikes, lip lengths and ANSI strike box available. See page 21.
Cylinder & Keys: 6-pin Everest 29 S123 keyway standard with two patented nickel silver keys per lock.
Keying Options: Interchangeable core and Primus high security cylinders. Master keying, grand master keying and construction keying.
Warranty: Ten-year limited for all functions including Vandlgard.
ANSI: Meets or exceeds A156.2 Series 4000, Grade 1 strength and operational requirements. Meets A117.1 Accessibility Code.
Federal: Meets FF-H-106C Series 161.
California State Reference Code: (Formerly Title 19, California State Fire Marshal Standard) All levers with less than 1/2” (64mm) returns comply; Schlage levers return to within 1/2” of door face.
MEA Certification: All electrified locking (fail-safe, unlocked by switch or power failures) functions accepted for use in New York City by the City of New York, Department of Buildings (MEA 24-04-E). All levers with less than 1/2” (64mm) returns comply with California Fire Safety Codes.
Florida Building Commission: 3/4” and 1/2” throw latch approved for Hurricane Resistance with Miami-Dade County, Florida.
UL / cUL: All locks listed for A label single doors, 4’ x 8’. Letter F and UL symbol.
ADA Compliant: Schlage Lock Company offers a wide selection of locks designed to meet the Americans With Disabilities Act.
- ND10S Passage Latch
- ND12D Exit Lock
- ND12DEL Electrically Locked (Fail Safe)
- ND12DEU Electrically Unlocked (Fail Secure)
- ND25D Exit Lock
- ND40S Bath/Bedroom Privacy Lock
- ND44S Hospital Privacy Lock
- ND170 Single Dummy Trim
- ND50PD Entrance/Office Lock
- ND53PD Entrance Lock
- ND60PD Vestibule Lock
- ND66PD Store Lock
- ND70PD Classroom Lock
- ND73PD Corridor Lock
- ND75PD Classroon Security Lock
- ND80PD Storeroom Lock
- ND80PDEL Electrically Locked (Fail Safe)
- ND80PDEU Electrically Unlocked (Fail Secure)
- ND82PD Institution Lock
- ND85PD Faculty Restroom Lock
- ND91PD Entrance/Office Lock
- ND92PD Entrance Lock
- ND93PD Vestibule Lock
- ND94PD Classroom Lock
- ND95PD Classroom Security Lock
- ND96PD Storeroom Lock
- ND96PDEL Electrically Locked (Fail Safe)
- ND96PDEU Electrically Unlocked (Fail Secure)
- ND97PD Corridor Lock
ND-Series Other Special Functions
- ND30D Patio Lock
- ND25 x 80PD Storeroom Exit Lock
- ND25 x 70PD Classroom Exit Lock
- ND60PD Vestibule With Closed Outside Lever
- ND70 x 80PD Classroom by Storeroom Lock
- ND72PD Communicating Lock
- ND72PD Vandlgard Communicating Lock
Choose the right key system for your application.
Schlage Classic and Everest 29™ key systems are designed to give you the level of security you need for every application. With optional keyway exclusivity, multi-level key hierarchy and cylinders that fit into a wide variety of locks, Schlage key systems and cylinders give you total control of your key system and building security. The perfect mix of performance and flexibility.
Unlike many other brands of high security cylinders, Schlage can easily integrate its Primus XP and conventional cylinders into the same key system with no adverse effect on keying capacity. Primus XP keys will operate conventional cylinders, but conventional keys will not operate Primus XP cylinders. This means you can secure exterior doors and sensitive areas with Primus XP cylinders and use conventional cylinders on the remaining doors. This cuts the cost of the overall job, and security can be tailored to meet the exact needs of each door without sacrificing the convenience of having a single building master key.
The Classic keyway family
Schlage Classic keyways provide security with no restrictions on duplication. Our Classic keyways can be easily upgraded or mixed with Primus XP for enhanced protection.
Primus XP – high security.
- The Primus XP keyway provides various levels of geographic exclusivity and requires authorization for duplication, ensuring better key control.
- Patented protection until July 2024
- Cylinders have a second set of pins for added security and pick resistance
- UL 437 versions available for additional protection against drilling and physical attacks
- Operates Primus XP and Classic (open) cylinders
The Everest 29™ patented keyway family
Everest 29 patented keyways provide a higher level of protection against unauthorized key duplication. Their patented design prevents non-authorized sources from manufacturing and distributing Everest 29 key blanks. Our Everest 29 key systems are suited for both new and existing keysystems, and give you the flexibility to expand and upgrade your key system as your needs change.
What is Everest 29 Primus XP?
The highest level of keyway security, Everest 29 Primus XP keyways are distributed under careful protection guidelines to protect the exclusivity of the individual side bit milling patterns. Choose Everest 29 Primus XP when the highest level of security and protection against unauthorized duplication is needed.
- Geographic exclusivity on key blanks
- Multiple patents protect against unauthorized key manufacture through July 2029
- Pick- and rake-resistant design
- Can be mixed and matched with non-Primus XP cylinders
- All key sections and master keying available at all levels of security
- Keys can be combinated using commonly available pin kits and key cutting equipment
- Keys are quick to cut and cylinders are easy to pin
- Thicker keys for added strength
- Three-year product warranty and a limited life-time warranty against key breakage
- Operates Everest 29 Primus, Everest Primus, and Everest restricted cylinders
Choose the Right Cylinder for Each Application.
Schlage cylinders are ideal for a wide range of commercial applications, including airports, hospitals, schools and universities, government and military buildings, offices and research laboratories. Choose from Classic Primus XP® or Everest® 29™ Primus XP high-security cylinders, Everest 29 patented open and restricted cylinders, or the industry-standard Classic cylinders to fulfill your security needs and the demands of your specific installation.
Schlage’s high quality conventional cylinders provide the standard level of security and functionality for Schlage locks. The exclusive use of solid brass bar stock plugs and shells, phosphor bronze springs, nickel silver keys and bottom pins, ensures long life and ease of operation. 6-pin Everest 29 cylinders in S123 keyway with two patented keys are standard for stock. S145 is standard for new master key systems.
Standard Cylinders Available
- 6-pin conventional (standard)
- Primus XP High Security
- Primus XP UL437 Listed high security
- Hotel cylinder
- Temporary construction plug, plastic for functions
Available in 606 and 626 finish only. Everest S123 keyway standard.
Primus XP High Security Cylinders
Primus XP high security cylinders are available to add patented* key control and varying degrees of geographical exclusivity to most Schlage 6-pin key systems, whether using Everest 29 or Classic keyways. In addition to a conventional pin tumbler mechanism, Primus XP cylinders incorporate a patented* finger pin and sidebar design providing a “dual-locking” cylinder that is highly pick-proof. Resistance to drilling and other physical attack is optional by specifying 20-500 Series UL437 Listed cylinders. *Patented key protection applies to Everest 29 Primus XP and Classic Primus XP only.
Primus XP Lockout Cylinders
Available in rim and mortise cylinders only, lockout cylinders are designed for doors where it is frequently desirable to disable all keys from operating the lock temporarily. The special lockout key can be removed while the plug is turned to the 11 o’clock position, preventing all normal operating keys, including master keys, from fully entering the cylinder. Suggested applications for lockout cylinders include laboratories, dark rooms, clean rooms, and exterior doors to dormitories. Schlage will not master key lockout cylinders.
Interchangeable Core (IC) Cylinders (Full Size and Small Format)
For use where fast rekeying by non-technical personnel is desired, Schlage Primus XP and conventional interchangeable cores offer a great blend of security and convenience. The special control key for the system is all you need to remove the old core and install a new one. The core itself can be rekeyed with standard Schlage pin kits. Unlike some other brands, Schlage interchangeable cores can always be integrated into existing systems with no adverse effect on the key system. IC locks are especially well-suited to chain stores and restaurants where frequent employee turnover requires immediate rekeying by store management. Use IC cylinders to save time and energy when changing labor-intensive locks on exit devices and other door hardware.
Full Size Interchangeable Cores
Schlage® interchangeable core (IC) locksets allow immediate rekeying at the door simply by using the special control key to replace the core in seconds.Available in all lever designs and the Orbit knob, full size interchangeable cores can be integrated into any 5 or 6-pin Schlage key with no adverse affects on keying capacity.
- Conventional core
- Primus high security core
- Full Size Interchangeable Core Retrofit
To convert standard D-Series locksets to accept Schlage full size interchangeable cores, change the knob and add parts.