Schlage AD-400-CY - Networked Wireless Cylindrical Locks - Multi-Technology | Proximity and Smart Card
AD Series electronic locks from Schlage are designed to be modular and provide more options to choose from, more functionality in the lock and more compatibility with existing systems. Its patent-pending modular design allows the lock to be customized to fit the needs of an application now, and changed to meet future needs without removing it from the door. Factory orderable options include choices of credential readers, chassis type, network configurations, locking functions, power options, lever styles and finishes. It also offers a wide selection of features that can be configured in the field to customize your openings.
To simplify installation, the AD Series combines all the hardware components required at the door for a complete access control system into one integrated design that includes the electrified lock, credential reader, request-to-exit and request-to-enter sensors, door position switch, tamper guard and more.
The AD-400 wireless networked lock gives you many of the key benefits of a hardwired access control system — without the wires. This allows you to secure doors that were traditionally difficult to run wires to in the past—and increase the security throughout your facility.
The AD-400 has a number of features built in, that are configurable in the field and a long list of items that can be monitored by access control software. Please consult your access control software partner for details on the integration of specific features.
- Open architecture platform
- Panel interface options ensure seamless communication with your system
- Non-invasive installations for historic buildings and sensitive areas
- Secure encrypted data transmission
- Unique communication protocols that won’t interfere with other wireless networks
- Patent-pending wireless feature enables centralized lockdown in less than 10 seconds while still optimizing battery life up to 2 years
- Wireless accessories available for remote, gate, elevator and portable (mustering) applications
- AD Series with multi-technology readers are NFC compatible
- ANSI/BHMA A156.25, ANSI/BHMA Grade 1, UL 294, UL10C, FCC Part 15, ADA, RoHS, Industry Canada (IC)
Secure and reliable wireless communication with the Panel Interface Module (PIM) is accomplished using 900 MHz frequency. 900 MHz band enables longer transmission ranges because signal propagation with longer wavelengths travel a greater distance and better penetrates typical building construction – allowing for simplified system design.
Wake-Up on Radio
This feature enables implementation of wireless locks in applications where centralized lockdown or unlock is required. ‘Wake Up on Radio’ utilizes patent-pending technology to enable real-time activation at a remote battery-powered wireless lock. The technology is configurable from 10 to 1 second increments. When Wake-Up on Radio is used in critical applications Dynamic Channel Switching should also be enabled.
Panel Interface Module (PIM400)
The PIM400 (sold separately) is required for communication between the AD-400 wireless lock and the access control panel, and can support up to 16 locks depending on your access control system.
- Modulation: 900 MHz spread spectrum, direct sequence, 10 channels
- Frequency range: 902-928 MHz
- Transmission/encryption: AES-128 bit key
- Credential verification time: < 1 second
- Wake-Up on Radio: Responds to lock/unlock command from host in less than 10 seconds in battery powered applications (per field configuration)
- Communication range: Up to 200 ft with obstructions (normal building construction), up to 1000 ft clear line of sight
- RF interference avoidance: Configurable dynamic channel switching
- Data rate: RF: 40 kbps
- Visual/audible communications: Tri-colored LED’s and audible indicators (field configurable)
- System interface: RS-485, Wiegand, or Clock & Data via PIM400 to host
- Power supply: 4AA, 8AA, 12 VDC or 24 VDC
- Voltage range: 4 VDC to 26 VDC
- Max current requirement: Up to 250 mA
- Battery life: Up to 2 yrs with 4AA
- Operating temperature/exterior: -31° to 151°F (-35° to 66°C)
- Operating temperature/interior: 32° to 120°F (0° to 49°C) (battery)
- Operating humidity: 0 - 100% non-condensing
- Certifications: ANSI/BHMA A156.25, ANSI/BHMA Grade 1, UL 294, UL10 C, FCC Part 15, ADA, RoHS
- Accessories: Panel Interface Module (PIM400), Handheld Device (HHD), remote antennas for PIM400 to extend range, Dry Contact Relay Board (RLBD) may be required for supervised inputs (Wiegand systems)