Alarm Lock AL-IME2-POE Generation 2 Gateway
The Trilogy® Networx™ Expander extends the coverage area of a Generation 2 Series AL-IME2 Gateway to Trilogy Networx Locks within a PC network, allowing greater distances for the placement of up to a maximum rated capacity of 63 networx locks per Version 2 Gateway.
Used in place of additional Gateways, each AL-IME2-EXP Expander can extend the Gen.2 Gateway’s coverage area by approximately 100 feet. (See range specs, below.) Typically introduced into the network when a Gateway does not provide sufficient signal strength to a particular area, it is designed to extend coverage and thus facilitate communications with a wireless lock or a group of wireless locks.
The AL-IME2-EXP Expander must be used with a Generation 2 AL-IME2 Series Gateway, but can be intermixed in an existing system that includes older “non-version 2” Gateways. However, at least one Version 2 Gateway must powered and online before an AL-IME2-EXP Expander will function within the network.
AL-IME2-EXP Expanders are more cost-effective and easier to wire than conventional gateways. They also provide a simplified ‘Plug and Play’ setup, where the Networx system automatically identifies all newly powered Expanders and quickly self-determines the best wireless signal pathways. Up to 7 Expanders can be added to support one Generation 2 Series Gateway. Each Gen. 2 Gateway and a maximum of seven (7) Expanders can be addressed as one group. There are a total of 99 addressable groups supported (addressable by two rotary switches)
Also both Generation 2 Gateways and matching AL-IME2-EXP Expanders have a new modern styling, and three LED indicators, blending into any decor.
The AL-IME2 Expander is powered by an AC Adapter /6VAC Transformer.
Maximum of 7 AL-IME-EXP Expanders per one Version 2 Series Gateway (Addressed as one group)
- Gateway/Expander to Locks: Clear field range 500’. Typical indoor range, Networx 75- 175’; ArchiTech Networx 50 -125’. Note: Actual range varies with building construction.
- Gateway/Expander to Expander: Clear field range 500’. Typical indoor range, 75- 175’. Note: Actual range varies with building construction.
AL RADIO LINK
- 900 MHz GFSK
- 50 Channels
- 10 mW power output
- Peak Supply Current: 650 mA
- Input Voltage: 5 - 6 volts AC
- Requires one(1) 6VAC External Power Supply
- Operating Temperature: -20˚ to 60˚C (-4˚ to 140˚F)
- Storage Temperature: -40˚ to 85˚C (-40˚ to 185˚F)
- Trilogy Networx supported by Alarm Lock DL-WINDOWS for centralized programming, database management and updates; free download available online. Optional Enterprise Real-Time Processing Solution choice of Lenel OnGuard® or Continental CardAccess® Integration.
- Enclosure Size 4.5”H x 6.0”W x 1.94”D, 0.5lbs.