Schlage L9077P/LV9077P - GRADE 1 MORTISE LEVERED LOCK - Classroom Security Holdback Lock - Escutcheon Trim - M Collection Levers (Schlage L Series)
L9000 Series locks are ideal for use in schools, hospitals and factories, where the finest hardware must also deliver consistent, dependable operation and stand up to constant use and abuse.
- Keyed Double Cylinder Function
- Classroom security holdback lock
- Latchbolt retracted by knob/lever from either side unless outside is locked by key from either side. When locked, latchbolt retracted by key outside or knob/lever inside. Auxiliary latch deadlocks latchbolt when door is locked. Depress inside knob/ lever and turn key 360° for holdback feature. Inside lever is always free for immediate egress.
SCHLAGE L9077P/LV9077P - FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fully wrapped heavy gauge steel case protects against door edge attacks
- All metal zinc dichromate plated working parts
- Inside lock case protects electronic components
- 2-piece anti-friction tongue reduces wear and tear
- Outside and inside trim thru-bolted together and through the door
- Break-away spindle prevents unsecured failures and provides easy spindle replacement
- Hub blocking plate protects lock against spindle manipulation
- Spring-loaded fusible link provides fail secure mode in case of fire
- Inside lever applied by screwless shank mounting – no exposed trim mount screws
- Universal lock case - 10 functions in one case
- Floating mounting tabs automatically adjust to fit a beveled door edge
- Field reversible handing without opening lock case
- External spring cages allow for simple trim retrofit
- Locking thumbturn on the inside of door visually shows when the door is locked and unlocked
- Lever rotation in both directions (up & down) for ease of use
- Independent lever rotation
Door Handing: One of the revolutionary features of the L-Series mortise lock is that handing can be done by the distributor or installer quickly and easily without opening the lock case. This feature allows a Schlage distributor to order L-Series locks as stock and customize the handing to each order’s specification. This means off-the-shelf delivery to meet today’s fast-track construction requirements. With quickly reversible lock chassis and mix-and-match levers and knobs, the L-Series mortise lock provides the ultimate in stocking, ordering and installation flexibility.
Handing: L9000 Series lock bodies are field-reversible without disassembly. L400 Series locks are non-handed.
Door Thickness: 1 3/4” (44 mm) standard. 1 3/8” (35 mm) to 2 1/2” (64 mm) optional. Over 2 1/2” (64 mm) door ranges vary by function. No escutcheon available for 1 3/4” (44 mm) doors
standard. 2” to 2 3/8” (51 mm to 60 mm) optional. Specify door thickness if other than 1 3/4”.
Backset: 2-3/4” (70 mm) only.
Armored Front: L9000 Series: 1 1/4” x 8” x 7/32” (32 mm x 203 mm x 6 mm) standard. 1 1/16” x 8” x 1 7/32” (27 mm x 203 mm x 6 mm) optional. L400 Series: 4 7/16” x 3 5/8” x 1” (113 mm x 92 mm x 25 mm)
Case Size: L9000 Series: 4 7/16” x 6 1/16” x 1” (113 mm x 154 mm x 25 mm), L400 Series: 4 7/16” x 3 5/8” x 1” (113 mm x 92 mm x 25 mm)
Spacing: Knob or lever to cylinder, 3 7/8” (98mm); knob or lever to thumbturn hub, 2 11/16” (68mm).
Bolts: 1” (25mm) throw stainless steel deadbolt and 3/4” (19mm) throw stainless steel latch with anti-friction tongue.
Knobs: #41 and #42 heavy-duty wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel knobs match D-Series knobs.
Levers: Forged brass or bronze and cast stainless steel. Designs available to match D-Series levers. 93 Lever Design: Extruded brass, bronze or stainless steel.
Escutcheons: L escutcheons are cold-forged brass or bronze and stainless steel. N escutcheons are heavy wrought reinforced brass, bronze and stainless steel.
Trim Combinations: Available with knob both sides, lever both sides, or knob and lever with rose or escutcheon both sides.
Strike: L9000 Series: ANSI curved lip strike 1 1/4” x 4 7/8” (32 mm x 124 mm) x 1 3/16” (30 mm) lip to center with dust box standard. L400-Series: 1 1/8” x 3 5/8” (29 mm x 92 mm) with dust box.
Cylinder & Keys: 6-pin Everest C123 keyway cylinder with two patented keys standard.
Keying Options: Interchangeable core and Primus high security cylinders. Master keying, grand master keying and construction keying.
ANSI: L9000: ANSI A156.13 Series 1000, Grade 1 Operational and Security, UL Listed for 3-hour fire door (except L9076 and L9007). With interchangeable core cylinders: Grade 2 Security.
With Concealed Shell Cylinder: A156.13 Grade 1 Operational and Security. ANSI/ASTM F476-76 Grade 40, UL Listed. L400: ANSI A156.5 Grade 1
California State Reference Code: (Formerly Title 19, California State Fire Marshal Standard) All levers with returns comply; levers return to within ½” of door face.
UL / cUL: All locks listed for A label single doors, 4’ by 10’. Letter F and UL symbol on latch front indicate listing. Electrified functions are UL19X Listed for single-point locking applications. UL437 Listed locking cylinder optional: specify Primus 20-500 Series cylinder.
M SERIES DECORATIVE FINISHES
Choose the right key system for your application.
Schlage Classic and Everest key systems are designed to give you the level of security you need for every application. With optional keyway exclusivity, multi-level key hierarchy and cylinders that fit into a wide variety of locks, Schlage key systems and cylinders give you total control of your key system and building security. The perfect mix of performance and flexibility.
Unlike many other brands of high security cylinders, Schlage can easily intergrate its Primus XP and conventional cylinders into the same key system with no adverse effect on keying capacity. Primus XP keys will operate conventional cylinders, but conventional keys will not operate Primus XP cylinders. This means you can secure exterior doors and sensitive areas with Primus XP cylinders and use convential cylinders on the remaining doors. This cuts the cost of the overall job, and security can be tailored to meet the exact needs of each door without sacrificing the convenience of having a single building master key.
The Classic keyway family
Schlage Classic keyways provide security with no restrictions on duplication. Our Classic keyways can be easily upgraded or mixed with Primus XP for enhanced protection.
Primus XP – high security.
The Primus XP keyway provides various levels of geographic exclusivity and requires authorization for duplication, ensuring better key control.
- Patented protection until July 2024
- Cylinders have a second set of pins for added security and pick resistance
- UL 437 versions available for additional protection against drilling and physical attacks
- Operates Primus XP and Classic (open) cylinders
The Everest patented keyway family
Everest patented keyways provide the highest levels of protection against unauthorized key duplication. Their patented design prevents non-authorized sources from manufacturing and distributing Everest key blanks. Our Everest key systems are suited for both new and existing key systems, and give you the flexibility to expand and upgrade your key system as your needs change.
What is Everest Primus XP?
The highest level of keyway security, Everest Primus XP keyways are distributed under careful protection guidelines to protect the exclusivity of the individual side bit milling patterns. Choose Everest Primus XP when the highest level of security and protection against unauthorized duplication is needed.
- Geographic exclusivity on key blanks
- Multiple patents protect against unauthorized key manufacture through July 2024
- Pick- and rake-resistant design
- Can be mixed and matched with non-Primus XP cylinders
- All key sections and master keying available at all levels of security
- Keys can be combinated using commonly available pin kits and key cutting equipment
- Keys are quick to cut and cylinders are easy to pin
- Thicker keys for added strength
- Three-year product warranty and a limited life-time warranty against key breakage
- Operates Everest Primus and Everest restricted cylinders
Choose the Right Cylinder for Each Application.
Schlage cylinders are ideal for a wide range of commercial applications, including airports, hospitals, schools and universities, government and military buildings, offices and research laboratories. Choose from Classic Primus XP® or Everest® Primus XP high-security cylinders, Everest patented open and restricted cylinders, or the industry-standard Classic cylinders to fulfill your security needs and the demands of your specific installation.
Schlage locks are provided with cylinders precision-built to extremely close tolerances and the highest standards of accuracy. Using only solid brass bar stock plugs and shells, phosphor bronze springs, and nickel silver keys and bottom pins ensures long life and ease of operation.
Primus® High Security Cylinders
Primus high-security cylinders are available to add patented key control and varying degrees of geographical exclusivity to most Schlage 6-pin key systems, whether Everest or Classic keyways. In addition to a conventional pin tumbler mechanism, Primus cylinders incorporate a patented finger pin and sidebar design, providing a “dual-locking” cylinder that is virtually pick-proof. Resistance to drilling and other physical attack is optional by specifying 20-500 Series UL437 Listed cylinders.
Primus Lockout Cylinders
For doors where it is frequently desirable to disable all keys from operating the lock temporarily use lockout cylinders. The special lockout key can be removed while the plug is turned to the 11 o’clock position, preventing all normal operating keys, including master keys, from fully entering the cylinder. Suggested applications for lockout cylinders include laboratories, dark rooms, clean rooms and exterior doors to dormitories. Schlage will not master key lockout cylinders.
For more information, please see the L-Series Commercial Locks Catalog.