Schlage L9494P EL & EU - GRADE 1 MORTISE LEVERED LOCK - Electrified Lock (Outside Lever) with Deadbolt - Escutcheon Trim - M Collection Levers (Schlage L Series)
For standard door thickness of 1-3/4", lock comes with Standard Strike (1-1/4" x 4-7/8" square corner strike + box. 1-3/16" lip length) and Armor Front (1-1/4" wide Latch Only). Call us for different door thickness for additional options.
Note: Left Hand Handing is the same as Right Hand Reverse Handing and Right Hand Handing is the same has Left Hand Reverse Handing. See handing chart for clarification. Click here to see our Door Handing guide.
Electrically locking/unlocking outside lever, inside and outside cylinders, with deadbolt
• Outside lever continuously locked (EL) or unlocked (EU) 12V or 24V DC
• Deadbolt actuation by either key
• Inside lever retracts both deadbolt and latchbolt
• For EU outside lever retracts deadbolt and latchbolt
• Auxiliary latch deadlocks latchbolt when door is closed
• Inside lever always free for immediate egress
Electrically Locked (EL) - fail safe - power failure allows either knob/lever to retract latchbolt and/or deadbolt OR
Electrically Unlocked (EU) - fail secure - power failure locks both knobs/levers
The Schlage L9000 series has long been the benchmark for heavy-duty mortise locks.
- Exceeds Security Grade 1 and Operational Grade 1 ratings
- Every lock undergoes intensive testing to determine its ANSI grade level:
- Cycle tests
- Resistance tests
- Door impact tests
- Warped door tests
- Bolt strength tests
- Levers constructed of solid brass or solid stainless steel for a strong-yet-comfortable feel
- Whether the application calls for high abuse resistance or just operation over millions of cycles without any degradation in performance, users can have confidence that the locks will last
A strong lock is only part of the security equation—proper key and card access control is equally important.
- Dealer and end user restricted geographically exclusive Primus XP options for advanced key control
- SL cylinders are uniquely designed to accept the same Schlage A2 key system used in SFIC cylinders, enabling one key system to span three unique cylinder formats for better control
The Schlage L9000 Series has long been the benchmark for mortise locks. Beyond strength and security – it offers tremendous flexibility to allow it to meet the needs of most every application. The ability to suite across electronic, tubular, exit trim, and multi-point locks allows the Schlage L9000 Series mortise lock to integrate seamlessly into any environment.
- Exceeds ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 operational and security standards
- Expansive list of configurations and options, including retrofit indicators
- “The Original” universal lock case allows creation of 10 functions from a single lock body
- 14 finishes and 33 levers, two knobs, five roses and three escutcheon designs
- Supports standard, SFIC and FSIC cylinder formats
- Multiple key systems available – open, patented, restricted, geographic exclusive, UL 437
Accessibility and life safety
Door hardware should be as effective in helping people go about their lives as it is in securing their environments. The Schlage L Series is designed with these requirements in mind.
- Accessibility - Complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which requires that “Operable parts shall be operable with one hand and shall not require tight grasping, pinching, or twisting of the wrist. The force required to activate operable parts shall be 5 pounds (22.2 N) maximum.”
- Life safety - Is UL listed for use on 3-hour fire doors. All levers with returns comply with the California State fire code for return to within 1 ⁄2" of the door face.
- Lead lined solutions - Lead lined locks are intended for use in X-ray or other rooms with radiation concerns. Call us for more details.
- Tactile warning for the visually impaired - Tactile warning is a special knurled surface used to alert the visually impaired to a potential hazard on the opposite side of the door (exit to street, a workshop or other hazardous areas). Tactile warning is typically applied to the outside lever only, and is specified by an 8 prefix on the lever number. Available on 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 12, 17, 18, M51, M52, M81, ME1, ME2, ME3 lever designs. Call us for more details.
The Standard Collection
The M Collection is an entire lineup of decorative levers designed to maintain a custom high-style look on doors throughout any building—from the main entrance to the supply closet. The ability to suite M Collection levers across multiple platforms from Schlage and Von Duprin means consistent style and functionality—along with unrivaled security.
Three Escutcheons are available to help to match the design and performance needed for your application.
The Vandlgard option is ideal for areas subject to abuse or anywhere vandalism is likely to be present. The outside lever rotates freely down when locked, limiting the ability of vandals to apply excessive force to the chassis which could damage internal lock components. Order available functions with the LV prefix.
Inhibit the growth of germs on your locks with an Antimicrobial coating. Our blog about Antimicrobial Coatings provides more details.
The Schlage L Series wired electrified lock complements the L mechanical lock by working with access control systems to provide advanced security in high traffic areas. Because the electrified L uses a motor instead of a solenoid, it offers unparalleled energy efficiency, flexibility and quiet operation in wired electrified applications. The electrified L also comes standard with an Allegion Connect Molex™ connector for simplified installation and maintenance.
Universal input voltage – accepts 12 or 24V DC for installation flexibility
User selectable fail safe/fail secure – changing mode between EL and EU is as simple as flipping a switch on the lock case
Low maximum current draw – 0.4amps - allows multiple locks on a single power supply
Low holding current – 0.01 amps – produces minimal heat, eliminating “hot levers” in electrically locking applications and allowing reliable operation even in poorly ventilated wood doors
All-new RX switch monitors the inside lever with enhanced detection level that balances security with lever sensitivity
Modular RX design – RX can be added on at a later time without opening the lock case
UL listed for 3 hour fire door
The L Series electrified locks are powered by DC power only. Do not use AC power. In addition to Allegion Connect connector, an extended-length molex-to-traditional terminal wiring harness is shipped with every lock.
Voltage: 12V or 24V DC (maximum 26.4 V, minimum 10.8 V)
Peak current: 0.4 amps
Holding current: 0.01 amps
Operating temperature: -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
This factory-installed Molex connector system utilizes quick-connect harnesses and hinges for a quick and easy way to connect power sources; all the way from your power supply to electrified door hardware. Alternately, the connector can be cut off and the lock installed with traditional wire splicing methods. Note that the Allegion Connect harnesses and hinges are sold separately.
About Schlage L9000 Series
Security has always been at the heart of all of Schlage's products. Since the beginning nearly 100 years ago, Schlage has consistently delivered innovation and continuous improvement to the solutions you have grown to trust. And the L9000 Series mortise locks are no exception.
The L9000 Series is built to withstand the rigors of daily use without fail and is among the most durable, dependable and intelligent family of products on the market today. When you choose a Schlage lock you can have confidence you’ve chosen a solution that will provide protection at the most critical moments.
Comprehensive offering for every opening
With an extensive list of functions, keying, trim, levers and finish options the L9000 Series works for any application.
World-class style and design
Door hardware is both a functional component and an architectural element. All the more reason to select durable door hardware that can be suited across a facility—all the more reason to select Schlage along with other Allegion brands.
With an expansive selection of levers that are packed with style and durability, a lineup of finishes to enhance any environment, and options to suite with cylindrical and tubular locks and exit devices means that you have more choices that support your goals for aesthetic consistency throughout a room, a floor, or an entire facility.