Select SL84 LL Heavy Duty Full Mortise Continous Hinges
The Select SL84 LL heavy duty full mortise continous hinge is a concealed hinge with a beveled frame leaf and door edge protector. The Select SL84 LL has been designed to be used on heavy doors up to 1000 lbs, including lead lined doors. Conventional overhead surface, concealed sliding arm overhead or floor closers may be used with the Select SL84-LL hinge. Pivot-type floor closers (with a fixed, conflicting center pivot) cannot be used and must be replaced.
Some of the advantages of using the Select SL84 full mortise continous hinge are -
1. Since the Select SL84 LL is anodized after machining - it leads to lesser corrosion thereby reducing maintenance costs.
2. Lifetime lubrication on the Select SL84-LL gives quiet performance, and reduces maintenance.
3. The Select SL84LL hinge does away with hinge failure which further leads to money saved in replacing hinges.
4. Customizing - You can now customize your Select SL84-LL hinge to your own length, anodized or painted finish and electric preparation.
5. Quality - Your Select SL84LL is a US Department of State certified hinge. This means that the Select SL84 LL hinge deflected bullets in the Ballistic Resistance Test and withstood sledgehammers, wedges and other tools in the Forced Entry Test. The Select SL84 full mortise containous hinge is approved for use in U.S. embassies overseas.
Features of the Select SL84LL
Extruded 6063 T6 aluminum alloy with self-lubricating polyester thrust bearings.
The Select SL84-LL is available in 83"and 95" lengths standard for nominal door heights. Custom lengths are available.
For 1-3/4" doors. 48" max. door width in 16 gauge hollow metal (min.) or 1/8" aluminum (min.).
Heavy Duty – Tested per BHMA standards. Up to 200 lb. doors (high-frequency) and up to 400 lb. doors (medium-frequency) without frame or door reinforcement; up to 600 lb. doors (low-frequency) with the use of Rivnuts in the frame and door.
Heavy Duty (LL) – Our HD hinge with additional fastener holes for low-frequency doors up to 1,000 lb., including most lead-lined doors. Rivnuts are recommended in the frame and door on extremely tall, extremely heavy or wide doors.
All Select SL84-LL hinges are stocked in Clear and Dark Bronze anodized aluminum. Custom anodized or painted finishes are available. Product painted or anodized in the field voids the SELECT hinge warranty.
Conventional overhead surface, concealed sliding arm overhead or floor closers may be used with SELECT hinges. Pivot-type floor closers (with a fixed, conflicting center pivot) must be replaced.
Specify length, finish and heavy duty (HD) or heavy duty with additional fastener holes (LL). Also, specify door and frame screw applications. 12-24 x 3/4" self-drilling, thread-forming 410SS Phillips undercut flathead screws are provided as a standard pack unless otherwise specified. Wood and thread-forming screws also available. Security screws optional at extra cost.
AVAILABLE ELECTRIC PREPS:
EPT, ATW, EMS, CTW4, CTW5, CTW8, CTW10, CTW12, CMG, AP and RP. For CTW12 prep, please consult us for engineering approval.
Select SL84HD and Select SL84LL geared continuous hinges conform to BHMA Standard ANSI/BHMA A156.26-2006 Grade 1.
Select SL84-LL Screw Count